Getting Started on this Journey
If you have just started learning about E-business, digital marketing or web design, you are probably wondering how difficult it is to create a website from scratch? Would you need to hire someone to build it for you or is it something that you could do it on your own?
On this post I will point out different ways to build your first website and get started in this online journey that could become your full-time profession if you go for it and dedicate yourself.
Ways to Create Your First Website
There are several ways to build a website, but I will list here for you the most typical and used platforms for that and later I will tell you which one I use and why. However, feel free to choose the best one that fit your needs.
Why I Chose WordPress
I chose WordPress mainly for two reasons. First because I had a tight budget to start up my online business, and secondly because it offers you so many tools and different plugins to customize your website that it was the natural decision to make.
On the other platforms mentioned in the list above, you have templates ready to go and you just change the content, but many features are only included in the best packages that are usually a little bit pricy.
Besides that, you can install drag and drop builders in WordPress, that will make your life much easier and offer you same possibilities of choosing a template pre-made and just make few adjustments and your website will be ready to go. And yes, there are a few FREE options for drag and drop builders.
WordPress is really versitily and offers its users a great variety of plugins and functions to add to your pages to make it look great and professional. If you still haven’t tried WordPress, you should probaly take a look, afterall, its still a free tool available to you.
Step by Step on How to Create a WordPress Website
- Register a Domain: create the “name” of your website and its extension (https://example.com). To learn how to create your domain Click Here to read our related post.
- Web Hosting: you need to choose a company that will store all the data and will be responsible for your website. Important to choose wisely because that will impact on the speed of your website. Click Here to learn how to get Web Hosting from the best companies out there.
- Point your Domain to your Web Hosting (If you got your Domain and Hosting in the same company you can ignore this step)
- Install WordPress in your Hosting company panel.
- Choose a Theme and install a drag & drop builder: There are great free themes and drag & drop builders that you can choose from. To see how to set up a website using a drag and drop builder Click Here to read our related post.
- Upload your logo, images and content: customize your website and you are all set. Click here to learn how to create your logo for free, or to learn how to get great images for free to use on your website Click Here and read our related article.
- Email Marketing List: if you want to go further, you can also take some additional steps like the creation of an Email List. To learn how to create and Email Marketing List, an Email Campaign, Contact and Pop-up Forms Click Here to read our related article.
- E-Commerce: intall the Woocommerce plugin and create an E-Commerce to sell your products online. You can even work with Dropshipping and not have to manage and own a stock. Click Here to learn more.
- SEO: manage how to improve your Website ranking on the Search Engines like Google. Click Here to Learn more.