If you’re looking for a ClickBank University 2.0 review, that means that you’re probably new to the affiliate marketing industry, either as a vendor or as an affiliate marketer. If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing before purchasing any course, click here to read our post with more information and tips on this subject.
I decided to create this review because ClickBank University 2.0 was one of the first products I’ve purchased when I first started with affiliate marketing. In this review I’ll cover a brief explanation on the content you’ll find in the course, all pros and cons of the course, along with my personal experience and thoughts on the program.
How is ClickBank University 2.0 structured?
This course is mainly divided in 2 sections, the Vendor and the Affiliates section. Besides the main sections you’ll also find 2 other tabs with additional content, the Traffic and the Toolkit. Under each section you’ll find a variety of videos and pdfs with information on these topics.
Just keep in mind that ClickBank University have a system in place that give you limited access to the program, and each week it will release more content so you can not only look the videos and pdfs and move on. The idea is to put in action all you’ve learned in the program, and not get overwhelmed with all the content available in the course.
Vendor section in detail
As you can see in the image below, the Vendor section has a total of 12 weeks.
As you can see in the image above, ClickBank University 2.0 provides you with 12 week content for the Vendor section, and down below I’ll give you a brief explanation on what to expect from this training.
- Week 1 – How everything works + Setup for success: First video with an introduction to the topic, second video about product profit plan and understanding the work ahead. The third video covers the mindset for success and how to create good habits. The last video is regarding the creation of feasible goals.
- Week 2 – Finding your perfect product: First video is an introduction to the topic, followed by a video on how to discover your passion and finding a topic for your product. The third video is to analyze the market and check feasibility and possibility of sales of your product. The last video is to help you learn from your competition, how to price your product and what works on the market.
- Week 3 – Creating your avatar: First video starts with an introductiong, the second video is about finding your avatar and how to sell to your target audience. The next video is on creating your pitch and how to make your product stand out. The last video on this section is about choosing a name and make it brandable.
- Week 4 – Course content creation & outsourcing: First video is an introduction to the topic. The second video is related to which content you’ll need to produce for your product and niche. The next video will cover the product formats you can choose, like Ebooks, audio or video training. The last video in this section is about the blueprint of contenc structure, what you’ll want to have inside your product for optimal results.
- Week 5 – Your perfect upsell to maximize sales: First video with an introduction, second video explainning why you’ll want to implement upsell strategies, third video explaining the types of upsell you can add and the last video covers copywriting your upsell and how to price it.
- Week 6 – High converting sales copy: First video has an introduction, the second video will give insights on basics of a copy and what to consider when writing your copy. The third video will cover the importance of having a major hook to all your sales pitches, and the last video will show you a copy template and 7 base elements you want to have in your copy.
- Week 7 – The “easy” VSL: First video with an introduction, followed by a video with the process to create a VSL (video sales letter) presentation slides. The third video teaches how to create your VSL video and how to upload it.The final video is about outsourcing the creation of your VSL.
- Week 8 – Finalizing your product via builder, etc.: First you get an introduction video, on the second video you’ll learn more about the customer experience flow and how to set up your funnels. On the next video you can find a step by step on sales page creation, and in the final video you have also a step by step guide, but this time on a product page.
- Week 9 – Getting up on ClickBank: First video you’ll find the introduction of this section. The second video consists in setting up your website and products and connecting them to your ClickBank account. The following video is how to make testings to see if your product and the sales are being processed correctly. The fourth video is a tutorial on how to place on ClickBank Marketplace.
- Week 10 – JV managing: First video as an introduction to joint venture, second video showing how to work with affiliates. The next video describes the best tools to create for your affiliates.
- Week 11 – Split testing: First video introducing to split testing, followed by a video on testing blueprint. The next video is about how to do the tests, and the last video covers a ClickBank University case study.
- Week 12 – How to scale: First video is an introduction on how to scale up, the second video is regarding funnels creation and how to add products to your funnel. The next video is regarding the creation of multiple products, so you can offer a product line to your customers.
- Bonus – Selling high ticket products on webinars: As a bonus they offer another video on how you can sell high ticket products using webinars to market your products.
- Congratulations: Just a final video congratulating you for the competition of the Vendor section of the ClickBank University 2.0.
All videos come with a downloadable pdf, that contains basically keywords that were used during the videos to help you remember the content, unfortunately, nothing additional to the videos.
Affiliate section in detail
The image below is a screenshot of ClickBank University 2.0 and shows you how to access the Affiliate section and the duration of the training.
The affiliate section consists in a 8 week training, and down below you can check in more details the content of ClickBank University program focused for affiliate marketers.
- Week 1 – Affiliate Marketing on CB: First video in this section is an introduction on the topic, the next video is all about affiliate profit plan and how the weeks ahead will be like. The third video is to set up you for sucess, to get you motivated and to show the affiliate opportunity. The fourth video is about goal setting, showing you how to break your big goals into smaller and feasible goals.
- Week 2 – Understanding affiliate marketing: First you’ll find an introduction video on affiliate marketing, the second video will cover the affiliate basics and what being an affiliate mean. The third video is a walk through your new ClickBank account. The final video will show you how to find top products to promote.
- Week 3 – Finding your Passion: First video as usual, an introduction. The second video is all about helping you to find your passion and showing you the importance of being passionate of what you’re promoting. The next video will help you search products in your niche and how to match your passion with great product offers. Finally the last video in this section is all about choosing 3 niches and narrowing it to only one.
- Week 4 – The ultimate affiliate funnel: First video as an introduction to affiliate funnels, followed by a video on how to make the most out of your traffic sources. The third video is all about the successful parts of an affiliate funnel. The last video is a step by step on how to build squeeze pages.
- Week 5 – Free, free, free. Always over deliver: Starting with an introduction video, the second video is about building a relationship with your potential buyers. The next video is on different ways that you can deliver free content. The last video is about outsourcing your content creation.
- Week 6 – Writing the perfect swipe: First video as an introduction, second video as how to make people open your email marketing campaign. The next video is about how to get people to click and take action in your emails. The last video is about offering bonuses and how to make people buy when you offer a bonus.
- Week 7 – The email blueprint: Starting with an introduction video, the next video is all about broadcast and how to set up and use AWeber for your email marketing campaign. The third video is on how to automate your emails and send a follow up sequence. The last video is about creating quality content.
- Week 8 – Scaling and expanding: First video is an introduction, the second video is about starting to drive traffic to your content and optimize it. The following video is about the toolkit traffic area, and the importance of starting with only one traffic source. The fourth video is related to the creation of your own product as a way to make more profit.
- Bonus – Running affiliate promotions: As a bonus they’ll provide a sequence of 3 videos with a third party guest talking about affiliate promotion, soft sell and hard sell.
- Congratulations: short video congratulating you for finishing the affiliate section of the ClickBank University 2.0 training.
Just like the Vendors section, the Affiliates section also comes pdf files to download in every video, and again, they contain the basic and keywords only, no extra information on them.
On this section you’ll find a welcome video as usual, and some other external links to trainings in the following topics.
- Setup of your first Facebook ad
- Paid search ad
- Get Instagram shoutouts
- Setup a simple Youtube ad
In the toolkit section of ClickBank University 2.0 you’ll find several videos, and I’ll just list them below because the titles are already self explanatory.
- Introduction to tools
- Sending broadcasts and automating with AWeber
- Setting up a custom domain with GoDaddy
- Creating a sales presentation with Power Point
- Video editing with Camtasia
- Recording your sales video with Camtasia
- Camtasia alternative: APowersoft for screen recording
- Design banners, posts and giveaways with Canva
- Setting up your funnel with CB Builder
- Split testing with visual website optimizer
- Increasing conversions with Optimonk
- Enhance your social media activity with Hootsuite
- Outsourcing with UpWork
- Demographic Research with Google and Twitter
Pros and cons
In this part of the post I’ll give you my thoughts on the Pros and Cons of this course, being totally honest with you because I bought this product and actually used it in the beginning of my affiliate marketing journey.
- Afordable price
- Cover both Affiliate and Vendor
- Covers most of the basic information you need to start
- Gives a step by step in the order you need to follow
- Not overwelming specially if you follow the week by week correctly
- Short videos
- No Website creation tutorial
- No Blog examples or tips
- Don’t Cover Free traffic in the regular plan, only in the Pro upsell
- Only covers CB platforms on creation of pages
- Part of the training is only good if you purchase the upsells like CB Builder
As you guys can see, there are some good and bad points to this course. If you’re new to the Affiliate Marketing business, no matter if you’re willing to work as an affiliate or as a vendor and have a strict budget as me back in that time, I definately recommend ClickBank University 2.0.
However, If you already have some knowledge on how things work in this market I would not recommend that to you, because you probably already know most of the stuff that is covered in the training.
The thing is, when you’re just starting out, there are too many things to take into consideration when creating your first website, content or your product. It could be overwelming if do not take a course that guides you step by step.
A lot of people will say to you that you can find all this information for free on youtube for example, and it could be true. But the point is that it won’t be organized in a way that you’ll manage to build your business in a proper way, and you might get trapped with scammers promissing you quick and easy ways to make money.
Working with affiliate marketing can generate great results for you, but it will take time and dedication. It is not a quick way to make money, specially if you’re starting out with a short budget.
For this reasons, If you’re starting out I believe ClickBank University 2.0 is a great program to help you get started on a low budget and get good results on the long run.
I purchased ClickBank University right in the begining of my journey with affiliate marketing. The thing that got my attention to this course was the fact that one of the largest network for affiliate marketing like ClickBank was offering the course for an affordable price.
It made a lot of sense in my mind that ClickBank University would offer a quality product for a reasonable price, because when affiliate and vendors make money, ClickBank itself makes money. So basically they’re offering competitive prices so people take the courses and uses their platform more and more.
Back at that time I found lots of Gurus in the internet offering what seemed to be great courses with similar content, however, most of these courses are sold over a thousand dollars. This is one of the reasons why ClickBank University is so atractive.
But to be honest, only ClickBank University by itself was not enough for me. I still had a huge effort to learn how to create websites using wordpress, landing pages, Blog posts and more. Having that in mind I decided to teach these things for free here in my website, so feel free to take a look on my Blog and check my posts to help you complement what is missing in the course.